BelSentiero Food & Wine Experience
Imagine this: An unforgettable week in southern Tuscany, tasting some exceptional wines, learning how to cook like an Italian from an Italian, visiting some spectacular medieval towns and enjoying sumptuous gourmet meals. All of this while staying in luxurious accommodation in the beautiful Val d'Orcia World Heritage area while in the company of other like minded people. Sounds interesting?
Welcome to our Tuscan Food & Wine Experience where you'll get...
* 7 nights accommodation at the luxurious BelSentiero
* All ground transportation including collection and drop-off at Rome Fiumicino airport
* Two days for visiting some famous Montepulciano and Brunello wine estates
* Two days to learn how to cook like an Italian
* One day to visit a producer of local products (including pecorino cheese)
* A BBQ on the last day on the veranda at BelSentiero
* Visits to some great local restaurants including a Michelin starred restaurant
* Stops at the beautiful medieval hill-towns of Montepulciano, Montalcino and Pienza
Your hosts: Jan and Renzo
We also do private tours !!!
If you would like to experience the Food & Wine of the Val d'Orcia in Tuscany with your family and friends, but cannot make one of our scheduled tour dates, then contact us. Subject to availability and timing we can also put together private tours. Just let us know your planned dates and what you would like to focus on, and we will propose an itinerary and provide a costing! There's nothing like tapping into those with the local knowledge and contacts to get you the best possible bespoke experience!
The following is our detailed Food & Wine Experience itinerary:
We will collect you in the afternoon at Rome Fiumicino airport between 14h00 and 15h00 and take you to the luxurious BelSentiero where you will be based for the week. On arrival a traditional dinner of dishes from the area will be served at BelSentiero.
This is the day to explore the famous noble wines of Montepulciano! First up after breakfast, we will visit a top wine estate near Montepulciano (such as Avignonesi or Boscarelli) for a tour and tasting. Thereafter, lunch will be at a café in the beautiful hilltop town of Montepulciano with its views over the Val d'Chiana and onto Lake Trasimeno. Following lunch we will visit another top Montepulciano wine estate (such as Poliziano or Montemercurio) for another tasting. In the evening dinner will be at one of the great restaurants in the vicinity of BelSenterio.
Today will be spent with Raffaella, a food blogger and cooking instructor, for a class in Italian pasta making. Lunch will consist of the food prepared together with wine. Later, in the evening, aperitivo (pre-dinner drinks) and a light dinner will be at the café, Le Notti di Campiglia, in the local village.
This day will be used to visit the famous Brunello wine region. First up will be a Brunello tasting at Enoteca la Fortezza in Montalcino. The tasting will focus on some of the top wines to provide a broad appreciation of the wines from the area. This will be followed by lunch in Montalcino. Thereafter, we will visit a wine estate in the Brunello (such as Fattoria Barbi or Castello Banfi). In the evening, dinner will be at a local pizzeria.
Today we have a second cooking class with Raffaella. This time the focus will be on local, seasonal dishes using fresh vegetables, local herbs and food from the region. Again, lunch will consist of the meal prepared together with wine. Later, in the evening, aperitivo and a light dinner will be at the local village café.
In the morning, we will visit the ancient monastery at Abbadia founded in the 700s. Thereafter lunch will be in the picturesque village of Pienza where we will also stop for some of the best gelato in Italy at a local artisanal producer! Afterwards, we will visit a local pecorino cheese producer to taste the cheeses that have made Pienza famous. Later in the evening, dinner will be at one of the two amazing Michelin starred restaurants in the vicinity of BelSentiero.
This will be the last full day of your Tuscan Food & Wine Experience. As such the pace will be a bit slower. Around midday there will be a tasting of some of the wines from one of the local producers near BelSentiero. Thereafter, we will have an extended BBQ on the verandah with its magnificent views over the Val d'Orcia valley. All while enjoying some of the great wines of Tuscany!
After breakfast we will return you to Rome Fiumicino airport. We will aim to arrive at the airport by 12h00 so flights should only be booked from 15h00 onwards.
The price of our Tuscan Food & Wine Experience includes all of the following:
- 7 nights accommodation at BelSentiero;
- Ground transportation;
- Services of English speaking driver/ guide;
- Cooking lessons with Raffaella;
- Wine Tastings;
- All meals at BelSentiero and village café.
Not included are the following:
- Flights to/ from Rome Fiumicino/ Italy;
- Insurance (recommended);
- Meals at restaurants outside of BelSentiero;
- Alcohol/ beverages outside of tastings/ lessons;
- Tips/ gratuities (not normally required).
The 2019 price for the above is €1,650 per person on the basis of two people sharing a room (2020 pricing is €1,750 per person sharing). A single supplement of €500 applies. All tours are limited to a maximum of 8 people per tour.
Itineraries can also be tailored so ask us about this if you want to bring your own group.
The next available Food & Wine Experiences are as follows:
* 26 May - 2 June 2019 (7 nights) at €1,650 pps
* 18 June - 26 June 2019 (8 nights) at €1,800 pps
* 26 June - 3 July 2019 (7 nights) at €1,650 pps
* 8 September - 15 September 2019 (7 nights) at €1,650 pps
JUST RELEASED - 2020 DATES
We have just released our dates for our planned 2020 Food & Wine Experiences. These are as follows:
* 17 May - 26 May 2020 (7 nights) at €1,750 pps
* 31 May - 7 June 2020 (7 nights) at €1,750 pps
* 21 June - 28 June 2020 (7 nights) at €1,750 pps
* 6 Sept - 13 Sept 2020 (7 nights) at €1,750 pps
To let us know which Food & Wine Experience you would like to book, message us here:
You can also e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +39 324 075 1800.