BelSentiero Food & Wine Experience
Imagine this: An unforgettable week in southern Tuscany, tasting some exceptional wines, learning how to cook like an Italian from an Italian, visiting some spectacular medieval towns and enjoying sumptuous gourmet meals. All of this while staying in luxurious accommodation in the beautiful Val d'Orcia World Heritage area while in the company of other like minded people. Sounds interesting?
Welcome to our Tuscan Food & Wine Experience where you'll get...
* 7 nights accommodation at the luxurious BelSentiero
* All ground transportation including collection and drop-off at Rome Fiumicino airport
* Two days for visiting some famous Montepulciano and Brunello wine estates
* Two days to learn how to cook like an Italian
* One day to visit a producer of local products (including pecorino cheese)
* A barbecue on the last day on the veranda at BelSentiero
* Visits to some great local restaurants including a Michelin starred restaurant
* Stops at the beautiful medieval hill-towns of Montepulciano, Montalcino and Pienza
Your hosts: Jan and Renzo
The following is the detailed Food & Wine Experience itinerary:
We will collect you in the afternoon at Rome Fiumicino airport between 14h00 and 15h00 and take you to the luxurious BelSentiero where you will be based for the week. On arrival a light dinner will be served at BelSentiero.
This is the day to explore the famous noble wines of Montepulciano! First up after breakfast, we will visit a top wine estate near Montepulciano (such as Avignonesi or Boscarelli) for a tour and tasting. Thereafter, lunch will be at a café in the beautiful hilltop town of Montepulciano with its views over the Val d'Chiana and onto Lake Trasimeno. Following lunch we will visit another top Montepulciano wine estate (such as Poliziano or Montemercurio) for another tasting. In the evening dinner will be at one of the great restaurants in the vicinity of BelSenterio.
Today will be spent with Raffaella, a food blogger and cooking instructor, for a class in Italian pasta making. Lunch will consist of the food prepared together with wine. Later, in the evening, aperitivo (pre-dinner drinks) and a light dinner will be at the café, Le Notti di Campiglia, in the local village.
This day will be used to visit the famous Brunello wine region. First up will be a Brunello tasting at Enoteca la Fortezza in Montalcino. The tasting will focus on some of the top wines to provide a broad appreciation of the wines from the area. This will be followed by lunch in Montalcino. Thereafter, we will visit a wine estate in the Brunello (such as Fattoria Barbi or Castello Banfi). In the evening, dinner will be at a local pizzeria.
Today we have a second cooking class with Raffaella. This time the focus will be on local, seasonal dishes including fresh vegetables and local herbs. Again, lunch will consist of the meal prepared together with wine. Later, in the evening, aperitivo and dinner will be at the local village cafe.
In the morning, for a bit of local history, we will visit the ancient monastery at Abbadia. Thereafter lunch will be in the picturesque village of Pienza where we will also stop for some of the best gelato in Italy at a local artisanal producer! Afterwards, we will visit a local pecorino cheese producer to taste the cheeses that have made Pienza famous. Later in the evening, dinner will be at one of the two Michelin starred restaurants in the vicinity of BelSentiero.
This will be the last full day of your Tuscan Food & Wine Experience. As such the pace will be a bit slower to allow you to absorb all you have seen, tasted and learnt. Around midday there will be a tasting of some of wines from one of the local producers near BelSentiero. Thereafter, we will have an extended barbecue on the verandah with its magnificent views over the Val d'Orcia valley. All while enjoying some of the great wines of Tuscany!
After breakfast we will return you to Rome Fiumicino airport. We will aim to arrive at the airport by 12h00 so flights should only be booked from 15h00 onwards.
The price of our Tuscan Food & Wine Experience includes all of the following:
- 7 nights accommodation at BelSentiero;
- Ground transportation;
- Services of English speaking driver/ guide;
- Cooking lessons with Raffaella;
- Wine Tastings;
- All meals at BelSentiero and village cafe.
Not included are the following:
- Flights to/ from Rome Fiumicino/ Italy;
- Insurance (recommended);
- Meals at restaurants outside of BelSentiero;
- Alcohol/ beverages outside of tastings/ lessons;
- Tips/ gratuities (not normally required).
The price for the above is €1,650 per person on the basis of two people sharing a room. A single supplement of €500 applies. All tours are limited to a maximum of 8 people per tour.
Itineraries can also be tailored but this may entail additional costs.
The next available Food & Wine Experiences are as follows:
* 26 May - 2 June 2019 (7 nights) at €1,650 pps
* 18 June - 26 June 2019 (8 nights) at €1,800 pps
* 26 June - 3 July 2019 (7 nights) at €1,650 pps
* 8 September - 15 September 2019 (7 nights) at €1,650 pps
To let us know which Food & Wine Experience you would like to book, message us here:
You can also e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +39 324 075 1800.